Once upon a time, I was a morning person. I really miss having some personal time before work, so I'm trying to get back to waking-up early to be able to go running. I had a craving for french toast, but wanted to eat something clean because running + bloat = not a fun time. The solution, swapping the bread for quinoa, and making a sweet morning scrammble.
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 whole egg
- 2 &1/2 cinnamon french toast egg whites (this pre-mix is a great time saver)
- Generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- Generous sprinkle of raw cacao nibs
1) Whisk the whole egg and egg whites mix together. then stir in the quinoa and cinnamon.
2) Scramble in a seasoned heated pan, at medium-low until cooked through.
3) Transfer to a plate, and sprinkle with cacao nibs.