Adapted from this recipe
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions (about 3 small, or 2 medium)
- 1 pound thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Parsley for garnish
- Sour cream, to taste
1) Melt butter in a large pot, over medium heat. Once melted, added onion and saute for 5 minutes.
2) Following the onions, add the sliced mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes.
3) Stir in the dill, paprika, soy sauce and broth. Simmer, cover for 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
4) After your "halfway through" stir, whisk the milk and flour together. Once the veg & broth have been simmering for 15 minutes. Pour in the flour+milk, stir, and simmer for another 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
5) Lastly, stir in the lemon juice, and remove from heat. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with parsley and sour cream.