For my holiday parties, I want to look and feel my best. So, why in the heck would I wait until after the party to start detoxing? Besides, I want as many vitamins in my system as possible, to help get me back on track post drinks and indulgence.
Enter parsley. Often overshadowed by fellow powerhouses kale and spinach, parsley packs enough of a nutrient punch to be the star of its own green smoothie. To learn more about how this green keeps you healthy and lean, this article gives a great overview.
- 3 cups flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 small granny smith apples, peels on and finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spinach, ripped in chunks
- 1 1/2 ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup water
- Add all ingredients into a blender, and blend until smooth
*Tip: Does your blender have a hard time with apples? After chopping, smash them in a bowl with a potato masher before transferring to the blender.