Stuck indoors on a cold, dreary day? Why not make an easy batch of crackers:
Ingredients (makes 2 dozen 1" crackers):
- 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour + additional Tbsp for rolling out the dough
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 300F
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all four ingredients until well mixed.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough until it's as thin as you can get it.
- Press the tip of a fork into the dough to make indents, about every 1/4".
- With a pastry cutter (a pizza cutter will also work) cut the dough into 1" squares.
- Lay the squares out on a well-greased baking sheet, and bake for 8 minutes, or until the dough dries and starts to become golden.
- Let cool, and the crackers will harden.